- [ 2023-02-24 ] Seminar results
Internet of Things WS 2022
Session will take place in on site at the university. The participants are expected to be present for all organizational and presentation dates.
First meeting: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 10:00 CEST, room BCN-421
- Organizational - Introduction into IoT
Second meeting: Thursday, October 27, 2022, 10:00 CEST, room BCN-421
- Development of research questions
Third meeting: Thursday, November 03, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421 and Friday, November 04, 2022, 16:00 CET, room 1-129
- Short presentation of research questions
Fourth meeting: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421
- Introduction into scientific work (researching literature, writing, reviewing, and presenting)
Fifth meeting: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421
- Assignment of presentation dates - Advices and recommendations for a good presentation
Subsequent meetings: From Thursday, January 12, 2023, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421
- Presentations by the individual groups
Final submission: Thursday, February 09, 2023, 23:59 CET
- via email
- Olivier Hersent, David Boswarthick, Omar Elloumi,
The Internet of Things: Key Applications and Protocols,
- Justin Zobel,
Writing for Computer Science,
Identified research areas (from the first session):
- Energy Efficiency
- Low Cost Factor
- Security & Cryptography
- Open Source
- Industrial Automation & Predictive Maintenance
- Digital Twin
- Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Sensor Data Processing
- Performance Evaluation & Modelling
- Cloud Solutions
- How can IoT Systems be used to reduce the energy consumption for industrial processes?
- How can we ensure the IoT security & privacy?
- Which technical measures must be considered for transferring and storing IoT data securely?
- Processing and Analysis of Sensor Data Using Big Data in an IoT Environment.
- Finding out different methodologies and challenges for capturing data for making a trustworthy IoT system
- How improper management of big data in IoT hinders the Quality of Service (QOS)?
- Blockchain as a means for Authentication of IoT Devices
- How has IoT changed the Industry? or What are some impacts of IoT in the automotive industry?
- Exploring Applications in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
- Machine learning in IoT Security: Challenges and Solutions
- Security Considerations in IOT network stack
- Are IoT systems reliant on machine learning?
- How Will the Internet of Nano-Things (IoNT) Revolutionize Key Industries?
- How can we make energy efficient in houses by implementing the Internet of things?
- IoT-Enabled Smart Home Appliances, how do they contribute to energy efficiency?
- Why IOT based system is obligatory to use safety equipment for accident detection?
- Role of IOT in Emerging Smart Logistics and Transportation
- A Survey on Medical IoT Applications
- How can blockchain and IoT Security Systems be combined to provide better security performance?
- Opportunities and challenges of 5G in IoT
- What the future brings to Zigbee, a low-powered, efficient and scalable network, used to connect IOT devices?
- A survey on different services and techniques developed on the base of IoT for Healthcare Industry(IoHT)
- How Biometric security and access control work? The benefits of biometric security technology for your building?
- How the impact of UnReliable IoT infrastructure may affect the Decision-Making of the system in a potentially severe or fatal manner and measures to make it more reliable.
Thursday, January 12
- Group 4
Friday, January 13
- Group 23
- Group 22
Friday, January 20
- Group 12
- Group 24
Thursday, January 26
- Group 5
- Group 6
- Group 20
Friday, January 27
- Group 14
- Group 21
Thursday, February 02
- Group 3
- Group 16
- Group 1
- Group 15
Friday, February 03
- Group 11
- Group 13
- Group 2
Thursday, February 09
- Group 7
- Group 9
Friday, February 10
- Group 8
- Group 10
- Group 17