Internet of Things WS 2022
Session will take place in on site at the university. The participants are expected to be present for all organizational and presentation dates.
First meeting: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 10:00 CEST, room BCN-421
- Organizational - Introduction into IoT
Second meeting: Thursday, October 27, 2022, 10:00 CEST, room BCN-421
- Development of research questions
Third meeting: Thursday, November 03, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421 and Friday, November 04, 2022, 16:00 CET, room 1-129
- Short presentation of research questions
Fourth meeting: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421
- Introduction into scientific work (researching literature, writing, reviewing, and presenting)
Fifth meeting: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 10:00 CET, room BCN-421
- Assignment of presentation dates - Advices and recommendations for a good presentation
- Olivier Hersent, David Boswarthick, Omar Elloumi,
The Internet of Things: Key Applications and Protocols,
- Justin Zobel,
Writing for Computer Science,
Identified research areas (from the first session):
- Energy Efficiency
- Low Cost Factor
- Security & Cryptography
- Open Source
- Industrial Automation & Predictive Maintenance
- Digital Twin
- Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Sensor Data Processing
- Performance Evaluation & Modelling
- Cloud Solutions
- How can IoT Systems be used to reduce the energy consumption for industrial processes?
- How can we ensure the IoT security & privacy?
- Which technical measures must be considered for transferring and storing IoT data securely?
- Processing and Analysis of Sensor Data Using Big Data in an IoT Environment.
- Finding out different methodologies and challenges for capturing data for making a trustworthy IoT system
- How improper management of big data in IoT hinders the Quality of Service (QOS)?
- Blockchain as a means for Authentication of IoT Devices
- How has IoT changed the Industry? or What are some impacts of IoT in the automotive industry?
- Exploring Applications in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
- Machine learning in IoT Security: Challenges and Solutions
- Security Considerations in IOT network stack
- Are IoT systems reliant on machine learning?
- How Will the Internet of Nano-Things (IoNT) Revolutionize Key Industries?
- How can we make energy efficient in houses by implementing the Internet of things?
- IoT-Enabled Smart Home Appliances, how do they contribute to energy efficiency?
- Why IOT based system is obligatory to use safety equipment for accident detection?
- Role of IOT in Emerging Smart Logistics and Transportation
- A Survey on Medical IoT Applications
- How can blockchain and IoT Security Systems be combined to provide better security performance?
- Opportunities and challenges of 5G in IoT
- What the future brings to Zigbee, a low-powered, efficient and scalable network, used to connect IOT devices?
- A survey on different services and techniques developed on the base of IoT for Healthcare Industry(IoHT)
- How Biometric security and access control work? The benefits of biometric security technology for your building?
- How the impact of UnReliable IoT infrastructure may affect the Decision-Making of the system in a potentially severe or fatal manner and measures to make it more reliable.